We’re partnering with the PrettyGossip blog to provide this story. PrettyGossip is the site where a beauty-obsessed woman shares things she has tried — cosmetics, treatments, procedures — to make her feel pretty. PrettyGossip is pretty honest about the products she tries. She acknowledges that she sometimes receives samples of new products for review, but she tells the truth (at least her truth) about them.
SMASHBOX’s BB WATER is one of those rare products that I’d recommend for all skin types. The product hydrates and contains no oils or alcohol! Works great for dry, combination and even oily skin. BB Water also primes and has buildable coverage so even if you have acne scars or troubled skin, you can use this product. It’ll fill pores and blur imperfections all while feeling feather-light on your skin.
As the name suggests, BB Water is like water. To perfectly complement the watery consistency, the product is packaged in a bottle with a dropper built into the cap. Simple and straightforward. I really like the dropper because I’m not contaminating the product in anyway.
I purchased BB Water in Light, a warm light beige. I could have gone with Fair/Light too, but chose the darker shade since we’re headed into summer and I’ll get more color (hopefully!). With eight shades, there’s a shade for everyone. I’m considering buying Light/Medium and using that around the outer parts of my face for a very natural contour.
- Fair: Porcelain Ivory
- Fair/Light: Warm Ivory
- Light: Warm Light Beige
- Light/Neutral: Neutral Light Beige
- Light/Medium: Golden Medium Beige
- Medium: Natural Tan
- Medium/Dark: Golden Medium Tan
- Dark: Deep Tan
Feels like water that hydrates without being greasy or oily. BB water sits nicely over my moisturizer and is feather light. Perfecto!
The formula is super easy to work with. Be sure to shake well before using. There are three ways you can apply this product.
- Beauty Blender: Drop about 5 drops onto a damp beauty blender and tap tap tap away.
- Fingers: I use the dropper to place drops directly on my face then use my fingers to to gently pat and blend. I use about 2 drops on each cheek, 1 drop on my nose and about 2 on my forehead.
- Cushion Sponge: This is my preferred method because my fingers stay clean; it’s fast, and I get even/precise application. I place 4-5 drops of product directly onto my face then use the cushion sponge to stamp the product evenly on my entire face. You can use more or less, but I use about 2 drops on each cheek, 1 drop on my nose and about 2 on my forehead.
The coverage is sheer to light, but buildable to a medium coverage. I like how BB Water evens out redness and hyperpigmentation while blurring out any pores and imperfections. My skin looks healthy and beautiful without looking like I have makeup on.